Hill Haven Health Warranty
Hill Haven Kennel AGREES:
- Breeder guarantees that puppy is free of any known disease or defect at the time of sale and will provide buyer with complete health records including shots, deworming, and full veterinary examination. If puppy is being shipped, health records will be shipped to buyer. In order to validate this warranty, Buyer must have puppy examined, at Buyer’s cost, by a reputable licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of taking ownership, and must be able to provide proof of examination. If any health issues that would deem the puppy at risk of euthanasia or death due to congenital defect are identified by the veterinarian, a call must be made immediately by the new owner and the veterinarian to advise Hill Haven Kennels of the issue. Upon written confirmation by a licensed veterinarian and the return of the puppy and papers to Hill Haven Kennels within three days of the exam, buyer can choose to have breeder replace puppy or issue a full refund of the purchase price, less fees for shipping.
- Breeder guarantees the dog will have no birth defect that would cause death up to one year old.
- Breeder provides one year guarantee from severe crippling hip or elbow dysplasia. Requires x-ray from veterinarian, taken, dated and submitted before the puppy’s age of one year, with a confirmation of diagnosis backed by OFA.
- Breeder provides one year guarantee from severe heart murmurs. A “severe” heart murmur is one that requires imminent surgery for survival. Requires an echogram administered by a canine cardiologist to confirm diagnosis.
- Any serious health conditions (congenital birth defects, hip or elbow dysplasia, severe heart murmurs) identified within the warranty period that have been submitted with all required documentation (up to date veterinary and treatment records) will result in buyer’s choice of returning the dog for a full refund, keeping dog or getting a new puppy and receiving a 75% refund. Breeder reserves the right to seek a second opinion or require a DNA sample to confirm lineage is from Hill Haven Kennels. Breeder is not responsible for shipping or training fees.
- Conditions not covered in warranty include (a) worms, fleas, mites, and other parasites that are common to puppies and dogs, (b) stress/environmentally induced disorders such as, but not limited to, kennel cough, pneumonia, hypoglycemia, allergies and other communicable diseases that are beyond Breeder’s control once the puppy leaves Breeder’s premises, and (c) conditions that are minor, correctable or which could go away or which the puppy will likely outgrow. Breeder attempts to breed for only even temperaments and healthy puppies. However, Breeder does not guarantee characteristics of dog such as color, size, or temperament. Puppies are sold only as companion pets and are not warrantied or guaranteed to be fit for breeding or any other function or purpose. Except as expressly set forth in this warranty, Breeder makes no other representations or warranties, express or implied, and all such warranties, including but not limited to any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby disclaimed.
- Buyer will have puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of taking possession.
- Buyer will not sell or give puppy to another individual, pet shop or shelter without prior consent from Hill Haven Kennels. In the event that Buyer determines that Buyer can no longer care for the dog, Buyer must offer to return the dog to Breeder prior to any such transfer of ownership.
- Buyer will provide Hill Haven Kennels with record of spay or neuter to be completed within 30 months (2 ½ years), with no litters produced.
- Buyer must provide a fenced yard or kennel with NO CHAIN. Dog must be properly protected from the elements and provided shelter that is appropriate to breed. Proper grooming and training must take place.
- Buyer will provide proper nutrition, care, exercise and medical attention appropriate for breed and age of puppy.
- Buyer agrees to return puppy to Hill Haven Kennels if these terms cannot be met.
- Buyer’s failure to strictly comply with Buyer’s obligations, as set forth herein, will invalidate the warranty and may require the return of the dog to Breeder in the event of a serious breach of Buyer’s obligations.
Additional Terms of Health Guarantee/Warranty:
- Original owner is responsible for puppy. Guarantee/Warranty is not transferable.
- If dog expires, a written notice of death and necropsy report stating cause of death must be submitted to Hill Haven Kennels.
- Breeder is not responsible for any shipping/transportation, training, veterinary, legal, registration, or other fees that buyer incurs. This is true for a puppy that the buyer keeps, as well as a puppy that the buyer chooses to return. At no time will Breeder’s warranty exceed the original purchase price of the puppy, shipping fees excluded, nor be liable for any consequential, incidental or special damages of any sort, including but not limited to veterinarian fees.
- No replacement of a dog will be provided if breeding has taken place.
Health Guarantee/Warranty will be Void if:
- Dog has been overfed or underfed.
- Neglect or abuse has taken place.
- Trauma occurs, such as broken bones.
- Breeding has taken place.
- Feeding dog sub-par dog food, such as grocery store dog food.
- Strenuous or unusual exercise has taken place.
- Failure to keep shots current and provide regular professional veterinary care with accurate records maintained.
This Guarantee/Warranty is subject to Oregon law and any disputes regarding this Guarantee/Warranty must be settled in the state or federal courts of Jackson County, Oregon where Breeder is located.
Buyer’s Signature Date
Please print warranty, sign, and present to Hill Haven Kennel when you pick up your English Cream Golden Retriever puppy or prior to shipping.
Male and Female English Cream Golden Retrievers
Meet Our Dogs
Apollo was born in our home and is one of the puppies from the first litter at Hill Haven Kennel.
Cleopatra Amara “Cleo” is our youngest dog. She is a graduate of Recherche’s puppy college.
Max is the dog that captured our heart. In 2008 he motivated the establishment Hill Haven Kennels.